You can call me Spencer Pratt if you want… but I am IN LOVE with crystals. I’ll admit when that season of The Hills aired I thought Spence was coco for cocoa puffs. I now understand that crystals are powerful little tools that help you shift your energy, and achieve your goals.
It’s likely that you associate crystals with dimly lit shops stocked with sage and burning incense. Guess what? This narrative is a thing of the past. Crystals are popular and widely used… even celebrities can be seen carting them around. If you’re a skeptic, and the woo-woo hippie-dippie thing is not for you don’t sweat it. Even non-spiritual skeptics can deeply benefit from these gems.
On the flip side, if you are looking to dip your toes in the spiritual pond crystals are one of the easiest ways to start bringing magic and mindfulness into your everyday life. I know it can seem overwhelming but the best way to begin is truly to just dive in. So, let’s go!
What are they?
Without diving to deep… crystals are little pieces of the earth that are formed underground over millions of years. There are thousands of different types and each type holds their own unique vibration. The vibrations within a crystal have the power to aid and heal us emotionally and mentally. If this is still too woo-woo for you think of it this way: crystals have been used to manufacture things such as chips for computers and radios for decades because they hold a stable vibration. If their energy can be used for technology then it can be tapped into for our own benefit as well.
What do they do?
In some cultures, crystals are used for holistic healing and believed to cure illness. I’m not here to convince you of that. Let’s start small. Think of a crystal as a visual reminder of a goal or intention. For example: one of the common uses of an amethyst crystal is to relieve stress and bring in positive energy. If your goal is to become more positive keep an amethyst on your desk at work and every time you look at it you will be reminded of this goal. You will be stopped dead in your negative thought cycle and be reminded to redirect your thoughts. When you select a crystal, you are making a choice about what to give attention to in your life. On a more spiritual level, crystals help you to connect with the earth and simply holding a crystal can shift your vibration, and create transformation.
What should you do once you buy them?
- First, you are going to need the Crystal Bible. This book is your encyclopedia of crystals. You can look through pages and pages of information about hundreds of different rock babies.
- Secondly, it’s important to cleanse them. Crystals can store energy. This means that the energy of whomever may have touched the crystal before you could be left on the crystal and that would impact you. You wouldn’t want a crystal that is covered in some grumpy Gus’s low vibe energy. There are many ways to cleanse your babies, here’s a few quick and easy ones:
- Under the full moon. Put your crystals in a glass bowl and set them under the moonlight. It’s okay if its cloudy, you are still good to go.
- Smoke it out. Use the smoke from sage, Palo Santo, or incense. Simply hold your crystals under the smoke.
- Use a crystal! Whoa I bet you weren’t expecting that. You can’t use just any crystal though, it needs to be selenite. One of the properties of this crystal is that it can clean and purify the energy of others. I have a selenite wand which is perfect for cleansing my smaller crystals.
- Lastly, you may want to program them. It’s not mandatory but you can have each crystal dedicated to a specific goal or purpose. There are many ways you can do this but don’t over think it. Hold your crystal in your hand and say out loud what purpose you assign it.
How do you incorporate them into your everyday life?
There are many ways you can use crystals in your everyday life, here are a few that I prefer:
- Carry them around. You can keep them in your pocket, your purse, hold them in your hand, or even put them in your bra. I prefer to physically feel the crystals close to me.
- Wear them. You can purchase crystal beads and create necklaces and bracelets or you can buy them already made. They make super cute accessories.
- Keep the crystals on your desk at work, your bedside table, or other areas around the house and/or office.
- Line your bathtub with them when you take a bath to enjoy a deeper relaxation.
- Meditate with them. When doing this you can hold them in your hands or if you are like me and lay down when you meditate you can place the crystals on your body.
- Preform rituals. If you are serious about the crystal game you need to purchase the book Crystal Muse. It is chalked full of information and rituals you can perform for various things such as attracting money, love, tapping into creativity and moon rituals…. It’s amazing!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I’m a total crystal fanatic so if anyone wants to chat about it please email me or message me on Instagram.